Monday, August 3, 2009

Where can i find a size chart for 'Milward' fine crochet hooks - steel?

Inherited nan's crochet set she only ever used cotton these hooks are so fine I need a size chart

Where can i find a size chart for 'Milward' fine crochet hooks - steel?
Your Nan was a lady after my own heart. I love the Milward needles they just seem to fit perfectly in my hand. Not sure what you mean by size chart but here is my tidbit. 00,0,1,2,3,4 you can use for very fine baby yarns. 5,6,7.8.9 use for size 10 cotton (commonly called bedspread cotton), 10, 11, 12 use for size 30 thread. 13,14, 15, 16 use with tattting cottons #60 or #80. The smallest thread I have used is #80 tatting with a 14 needle. I have some 15's %26amp; 16's but frankly I can't see the hook well enough to use them. There is also a 120 thread that is used for bobbin lace which is extremely fine and though tempted to try it again I have the same problem focusing on the thread. Good luck with Nan's needles. Think wonderful thoughts each time you use them.
Reply:http://www.country-yarns.com/content.php...



myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment