Monday, August 3, 2009

Are you suppose to remove your top retainer by pulling down the front hooks of the wire or the back hooks?

is it bad if i remove my retainer by pulling the down the front wire's hooks?

Are you suppose to remove your top retainer by pulling down the front hooks of the wire or the back hooks?
You should reach back along both sides with your thumb and forefinger, grasp the sides (front and back) and pull straight down.


Otherwise, you bend it and then the orthodontist has a fit when you go back for a checkup and adjustment. Also, once it's bent, it doesn't fit right anymore and either you have to wear it like that until the next visit or schedule a special visit at extra cost to the parents.
Reply:My orthodontist told me to pull on the hooks, but I found that a little hard to do, so I just use my tongue to push it out. Doesnt affect the structure of the retainer in any way. I place my tongue directly on the plastic part, and pull my tongue straight down. Your saliva creates an airtight seal between your tongue and retainer, so the vacuum pulls it off your teeth.




horses for loan

No comments:

Post a Comment