Monday, August 3, 2009

Condensor Mic that hooks up to the computer? (AKG Perception etc.)?

I'm a rapper, and have lots of singers come by too. I'm looking for a new microphone because the one I have is a garbage average computer mic. I need a condenser to start recording music.





My problem is that I need a mic to hook up to an average PC. I have a Dell, and I know they have USB Condenser mics out there, but I heard the quality stinks. Is there a way to connect an AKG Perception 100 Large-Diaphragm Condenser mic to my computer.





I don't know much about pre-amps at all, or interfaces and all that stuff. Can someone guide me through step by step on what mic would suit my needs. I was looking at the AKG and it looks great, but how would I hook that up to my computer? HELP I'm lost.

Condensor Mic that hooks up to the computer? (AKG Perception etc.)?
im not so sure what its called, so sorry, you will have to do this research on your own, but ill tell you what i know: depending on the type of mic it is there are different ways. if its usb, then plug it into the usb, if its mic jack, plug it into a mic jack, if its like a plug that was 3 little prongs or so inside, then thats your problem, theres a way to do it, but im not exactly sure how. theres prob something out there that converts it to a usb, or mic jack, but in my school theres this thing they have, and its for a guitar, where the amp plug goes into a thing that converts it to a usb, and it acts like a foot pedal, (shown here: http://www.guitarcenter.com/ToneWorks-AX... ) but yeah, theres deff something like that out there.



fashion accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment