Sunday, April 19, 2009

How do you insert hooks into pinch pleat curtains?

I have just bought my first ever pinch pleat curtains, got them home and realised there%26#039;s no tape on the back and I%26#039;ve just been given a bag of pointy hooks. Where do I place the pointy hooks? Do I put them in the middle, back of the pleat? Try to get them up under the stitching? Or just stick them into the top hem between pleats (that doesn%26#039;t seem right, it might tear the curtain fabric)


I%26#039;ve looked it up on the internet and found the advice to have the tops of the hooks line up with the tops of the pleats, then hook them into the curtain rings, which is fine. I can find an article about hooks without points which are sewn into the pleats and pictures of drapery hooks, but my hooks have just one prong, not two. I%26#039;m a bit nervous about shoving the dangerous looking pointy bits in the wrong place! Can anyone help? The shop where I bought them is miles away.

How do you insert hooks into pinch pleat curtains?
Where the pleats come together like a seam there is a way to slide the hooks in there. and they will not get hung on the fabric and rip. The hooks will sort of straddle that seam and go inside the openings/pockets left by the seam coming together.



motorcycles

No comments:

Post a Comment